NC4AR Tri-County Amateur Radio Club :: Forums :: NC4AR FORUMS :: Member Forum

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
W4CHI’s presentation on FT-8
Author Post
KG4TAH
Thu Jan 11 2018, 08:33AM
President 2016
Registered Member #24

Ron put on a great presentation at our club meeting last Saturday on FT8. It put a little spark in me to download the software and give the mode a test run.

I got everything up and running and within a two hour period I had over 50 contacts. I went to bed and got up the next morning and operated a few more hours making another 50 contacts. I already have 25 states confirmed on LOTW as well as a dozen DX entities.

I experimented and operated on a few bands I knew would be dead such as 10 meters. Within 5 minutes I had W1AW in the log as well as a couple stations in the mid west. I gave 6 meters a quick run for a few minutes also but luck was not with me at that point in time.

Thanks Ron for putting the presentation together and Rick for answering my call for help when I was initially getting everything set up.

This mode is very addicting and sure makes time pass when nothing else can be found on the bands worth messing with.
NC4WD
Thu Jan 11 2018, 08:12PM
Vice President
Registered Member #55

Excellent work Tony! And it was a great presentation. I’ve downloaded the software and have all of my hardware configured. I just need to iron out some kinks.

Jump:     Back to top

Coming Up
Thursday Aug. 23 at 20:00
8pm NC4AR Net 145.290

Thursday Aug. 30 at 20:00
8pm NC4AR Net 145.290

Need to give us a holler? Use our Hollerin' Form.